Monday, March 30, 2009

Bad Blogger, Good Gardener?

OK, so I'm definitely not a good blogger. It's been a month and a half since I posted my last blog, and a reader (luckily I don't have any) could be forgiven for thinking that I had chucked this whole gardening project!

Luckily, although a green thumb I have not, I am not as bad at gardening as I am at blogging. In the past 6 weeks I've:
  • harvested my first planter of mesclun mix (Arrgh! I forgot to take a picture first!),
  • started several more planters of micro-greens,
  • grown 8 tomato plants way too early for the season, that are now enormous and desperately need to be transplanted,
  • purchased some Red Wigglers and successfully started an indoor worm composting bin,
  • set up 5 Lee Valley cloches in my back-yard garden and started a few early crops,
  • figured out how to make self-watering containers from 4 gallon food-safe buckets (see my brother's post for details on the final design and also our earlier prototype).
I'm going to try to post catch-up entries on some of these achievements and then do a better job from now on!

1 comment:

  1. Way to go! I hadn't seen this post when you mentioned it yesterday; sorry! You definitely qualify for BBGG status, while I openly admit to being a GBBG ... luckily we're both TM's!
    http://ronypony.blogspot.com/2009/04/indoor-lettuce-attempts-1-3.html

    ReplyDelete