Wednesday, February 11, 2009

More Seeds!

I've added to my seed purchases! I'm going to try to find room for:
  • Cocozelle Zucchini
  • Five-Colour Silverbeet Swiss Chard
  • Waltham Butternut Winter Squash
  • Little Finger Carrot
  • Danvers Half-Long Carrot
  • The Cottage Gardener's Coloured Carrot Mix
  • The Cottage Gardener's Mustard Green Mix
  • Red Currant Tomato 'Sweet Pea'
  • Jaune Flamme (Cherry Tomato)
  • Beefsteak Tomato
  • Slava Tomato
  • Chadwick's Cherry Tomato
As for how I'll make room for all of this plus what I've already bought? I've found instructions online for making my own hanging upside-down tomato pots so that my tomatoes can all grow hanging down from my porch roof (3 per pot). This frees up tons of growing space for the other vegetables.

Next steps:
  1. Set up indoor grow lights this weekend and start my seedlings.
  2. Find large food-grade plastic containers to make my self-watering planters out of and also to make my hanging tomato planters with.
  3. Plan the layout of the backyard for maximum growing room (while still leaving enough room for the kids.
  4. Find an extra rain barrel to collect overflow from the first rain barrel; Set up the overflow so that it is directed away from the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment