Saturday, January 31, 2009

What to grow?

I've ordered my seeds this year from www.cottagegardener.com, which is an heirloom seedhouse in southern Ontario. They have tons of really interesting varieties of vegetables which are suitable for growing in this region. I've chosen:
  • Beans: Tendergreen and Black Valentine
  • Radishes: Plum Purple and White Icicle
  • Beets: Bull's Blood, Chioggia, and Golden
  • Pea: Mammoth Melting Sugar
  • Pepper: Marconi Red Sweet
  • Hot Pepper: Aurora
  • Cucumber: Mideast Prolific, Straight Eight, National Pickling
  • Tomatoes: Black Zebra, Bloody Butcher, Czech Select
  • Pumpkin: Cheyenne Bush
  • Lettuce: Gourmet Heirloom Leaf Mix, Heirloom Romaine Mix, Mesclun Mix
I'm not sure how/if this will all fit into our small growing area, but some of the seeds are for my brother and for the cottage, so shouldn't matter too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment